Ask yourself a simple question “How I feel about myself?”. What do you feel?
Do you feel a total acceptance and love for yourself or you just suffering from the low self-esteem?
It is really dangerous to feel worthless, incompetent, and unfortunate, so you should definitely do something to address this problem before it overpowers you and leave you distressed and hopeless. You should always remember to honour yourself, learn to assess your strengths and weaknesses, to know yourself, accept yourself, and desire to grow and improve constantly.
You are not born to be a underdog. You are here to reach your full potential and reach out to the skies. We hope these effective tips will help you build your high self-esteem that is essential for your future successful life.
Tips to Boost your self esteem
1. Know your value
You may not realize it but you contribute to this world and you really make a difference. Just know who you are and don`t accept being treated in a way less than you deserve. Feel good about yourself and things you do. Believe in your skills, experience, and knowledge. Remind yourself every single day that you have value and are worthy.
2. Know you are special
Walt Disney once said that “the more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique”. During your lifetime, you can meet some people who may make you feel worthless and just underestimate you. But, in fact, you are a special individual, who doesn`t realize his or her uniqueness. You are really special if you:
- Like to make other people happy
- Have goals
- Don`t let obstacles to stop you
- Like to travel and learn from other cultures
- Tend to listen a lot to others
- Understand other`s feelings
- Always feel you should learn new things
- Kind to others
3. Work hard to get ahead
It goes without saying that action is required to make your dreams come true. You have to move forward, take charge, and really work hard. Always remember that even geniuses work persistently to make their own luck. But why hard work is the key to successful life?
- Hard work helps build discipline and prepares for responsibilities
- Hard work teaches values and gives a purpose
- Hard work teaches important life lessons
- Hard work gives you results and makes you satisfied with what you are doing
- Hard work creates more opportunities.
4. Practice accepting yourself the way you are
Realize that you are okay just as you are. To learn to accept yourself is one of the most important steps in maintaining your mental well-being. You should accept all your attributes, positive or negative. Of course, it can be really difficult to accept something that we want to change about ourselves desperately, but otherwise, you won`t be able to begin the process of self-improvement.
5. Do not be judgemental towards yourself
Don`t be so hard on yourself. There is no purpose in beating yourself up mentally when you are unable to do what you wish you could do. Just stop the constant self-judgemental and self-critical thoughts. Being overly critical of yourself lowers your self-esteem and even causes serious mental issues. Here is how to improve such situation:
- See the positives as well as the negatives
- Have reasonable expectations of yourself
- Learn to love yourself as a whole person
- Learn constructive criticism
- Balance feelings with thoughts
- Look out for signs of being overly critical.
6.Stop comparing yourself to others
A lot of people struggle with this problem for most of their lives. You should grow a little bit each day, take care of yourself both spiritually and physically, and learn not to compare your way of life and your personality to others. Just strive to become the best possible version of yourself.
- Identify your comparative behaviors
- Pay attention to how you view yourself
- Be kind to yourself
- Focus on what you have
- Work on improving your abilities
- Replace negative thoughts with positive ones
- Realize that idealizing somebody is unrealistic
- Compete against yourself
7. Believe in yourself
Always believe in yourself no matter what other people say. You should always remember that your ability to succeed coupled with supreme self-confidence is what moving you forward to fulfill all your dreams. Believe in yourself and you will be able to achieve things you never thought possible.
8. Try your best at anything
It is essential to start trying your hardest in life. These golden rules will help you understand what we mean:
- Do your best by getting up when you`ve been knocked down.
- Do your best by delivering more value than anybody could ever expect from you.
- Do your best by practising your skills so you become a virtuoso.
- Do your best by keeping your promises.
- Do your best by challenging the way you did things yesterday.
9.Change the way you look at your weaknesses
You should set achievable goals according to your abilities and have the reasonable expectations. Fortunately, you can improve all your weaknesses. However, it requires a lot of effort. Here are some useful strategies to do it.
- Identify your weaknesses
- Think of things you want to change in your life
- Use your strengths to overcome a weakness
- Work on things you are good at as well
- Acknowledge any progress you have made
10. Let go of past and forgive others
You have the infinite power to make a great future for yourself and control your life no matter what happened to you in the distant past. Forgive people, who have wronged you, stop allowing yourself to be the victim, and don`t be afraid to express the pain and hurt your feelings. Don`t allow negative memories consume you and focus on something positive. And the most important thing – stay open to other people.
Work on being in love with the person in the mirror who has been through so much but is still standing. You, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.