Motivation! Prime force behind everything we do, isn’t it?
Whether its dreams we cherish in eyes, or our busy brain unwinding the complexities of life, or a burning desire of the heart to accomplish something, everything needs a little bit of motivation to turn those dreams into reality, complexities into clear facts, and burning desire into manifestation. Every human passes through a particular phase where he needs the motivation to turn his dulls into brights.
For me, it was my student life, from wandering aimlessly to feeling clueless about the goals and life, I too have my own share of experiences. And, now when I am mature enough to understand things, I feel that’s the most precious time of every person’s life. It is the period where we build the foundation for the strong pillars of self-determination and discipline to stand.
It is the period where our wishes moulds into our dreams and those dreams mould into goals. So, a dose of motivation in a student life’s can do wonders for him/her. Moreover, there are hundreds of ways and people preaching young students to study hard. But, for me, the easiest way to get motivated till now is to read anecdotes and quotes of wisdom. Whether we are looking for easy ways to tackle exams or need strong motivation to study, quotes have everything for everyone to pump up our blood.
True that just by reading quotes one can’t attain heights, but they inevitably pumps you up and makes you think “This is life, let’s make it big”.
So, here are few motivational quotes for students to give them a little Kick-ass boost to make them realise how crucial this student phase is, to make them believe failures are not forever, to make them feel grades doesn’t decide their worth, and to assure them that nothing is unattainable if they put their heart and mind into something.
Here’s 25 motivational thoughts for students
- “I tell my students, ‘When you get these jobs that you have been so brilliantly trained for, just remember that your real job is that if you are free, you need to free somebody else. If you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else. This is not just a grab-bag candy game.” ― Toni Morrison
2. “Today’s students can put dope in their veins or hope in their brains. If they can conceive it and believe it, they can achieve it. They must know it is not their aptitude but their attitude that will determine their altitude” – Jesse Jackson
3. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
4. “No one has a problem with the first mile of a journey. Even an infant could do fine for a while. But it isn’t the start that matters. It’s the finish line.” ― Julien Smith
5. “You can dance in the storm. Don’t wait for the rain to be over before because it might take too long. You can do it now. Wherever you are, right now, you can start, right now; this very moment.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
6. “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drowned your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
7. There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it. – Napoleon Hill
8. “Anyone who imagines they can work alone winds up surrounded by nothing but rivals, without companions. The fact is, no one ascends alone.” ― Lance Armstrong
9. “You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you’ll escape one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.” ― John Green
10. No student ever attains very eminent success by simply doing what is required of him: it is the amount and excellence of what is over and above the required, that determines the greatness of ultimate distinction. – Charles Kendall Adams
11. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
12. Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. – George Herbert
13. Many jobs at Google require math, computing, and coding skills, so if your good grades truly reflect skills in those areas that you can apply, it would be an advantage. But Google has its eyes on much more. – Thomas Friedman
14. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
15. “Never let anyone tell you that you can’t, not even yourself” – The pursuit of happyness
16. “Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep; for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as the latter.” ― Paxton Hood
17. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
18. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
19. “Be around people that make you want to be a better person, who make you feel good, make you laugh, and remind you what’s important in life.”― Germany Kent
20. “Always remember that you were once alone, and the crowd you see in your life today are just as unnecessary as when you were alone.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
21. “Live the Life of Your Dreams. When you start living the life of your dreams, there will always be obstacles, doubters, mistakes and setbacks along the way. But with hard work, perseverance and self-belief there is no limit to what you can achieve.” – Roy T. Bennett
22. “The expert in anything was once a beginner.” – Helen Hayes
23. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
24. Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time. – George Bernard Shaw
25. “You have to find out what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world” ― Oprah Winfrey
What’s your favourite quote that boosts your motivation? Tell us in the comments below.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest articles and updates straight into your inbox