Before you jump directly to the quotes about determination and perseverance, tell me one thing? Do you really believe in the philosophy of Nothing is impossible? As this is the first thing most of us have been taught since the beginning of this journey called life. Isn’t it? But, is it as easy as it sounds? Or, there are few conditions attached around it?
Of course, these 3 words may sound good to ears, but to achieve that impossible one has to take many actions, courage, determination and perseverance to turn the table on his/her side.
A goal without a determination and persistent actions is just a wish. Out of the many ingredients that are required to achieve your desired goals and success, determination and perseverance topped them all. There’s no alternative to a strong willed determination and sincere perseverance that can help you to live a life of your dreams.
Don’t let anything distract you from your goals, don’t fall for temptations and don’t ever doubt yourself and your capabilities. So, just set your goals, be determined to achieve them and give your best shot. Hope these quotes about self determination and perseverance help you to achieve the same.
Quotes About Determination
1. “ Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” — Gail Devers
2. “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” — Mario Andretti
3. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” — Tommy Lasorda
4. “The truest wisdom is a resolute determination.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
5. “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” — Barack Obama
6. “If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.” — Les Brown
7. “Nothing is impossible in this world. Firm determination, it is said, can move heaven and earth. Things appear far beyond one’s power, because one cannot set his heart on any arduous project due to want of strong will.” — Yamamoto Tsunetomo
8.“I learned that if you want to make it bad enough, no matter how bad it is, you can make it.” — Gale Sayers
9. “No matter the number of times you fail you must be determined to succeed. You must not lose hope. Don’t stop in your storm.” — Tony Narams
10. “Determination becomes obsession and then it becomes all that matters.” — Jeremy Irvine
11. “People with a strong will power will always have the bigger picture in mind. They will be able to forgo small pleasures in order to help attain bigger goals.” — Brian Adams
12. “A determined person will do more with a pen and paper, than a lazy person will accomplish with a personal computer.” — Catherine Pulsifer
13. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” — Og Mandino
14. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” — Vince Lombardi Jr.
15. “The secret of happiness is the determination to be happy always, rather than wait for outer circumstances to make one happy.” — J. Donald Walters
Quotes About Perseverance
16. “The most essential factor is persistence – the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come.” — James Whitcomb Riley
17. “Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destined place – that is, the unique you. Have an aim in life, continuously acquire knowledge, work hard, and have perseverance to realise the great life.” — A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
18. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” — Pele
19. “Persistence and determination are incredibly important. But sometimes you need to analyze the situation and understand when you’re wrong. You need to be able to cop to being wrong, learn to change, and continue to grow as a human being.” — Sasha Grey
20. “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” — Walter Elliot
21. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”— Confucius
22. “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.” — Martin Luther
23. “Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.” — Winston S. Churchill
24. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” — Winston S. Churchill
25. “Success depends upon staying power. The reason for failure in most cases is lack of perseverance.” — J.R. Miller
26. “The path from dreams to success does exist. May you have the vision to find it, the courage to get on to it, and the perseverance to follow it.” — Kalpana Chawla
27. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” — Newt Gingrich
28. “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
29. “Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” — Thomas Carlyle
30. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” — Theodore Roosevelt
Hope you enjoyed these quotes about determination and perseverance . So please share them with your friends and family. Wisdom is meant to be shared, isn’t it? 🙂
Please checkout More Motivational Quotes