How about some enlightening quotes on authenticity about being genuine and sincere that will instil in you a newborn attitude? If you notice, people who are authentic or genuine have very less friends. Or to put it in a better way, they have a limited but a trusted circle who completely understand what being genuine and honest is. It takes amazing amounts of courage to be authentic in a world that is completely superficial and requires frequent boosts of dopamine to keep them going.
However, what will last long is authenticity as there is no replacement for honest comments, opinions and genuine bonding. People who realize this go a long way in life, free from altercations and paranoia. If you are someone struggling to fit in a group or convention but gradually realizing it is best to be yourself no matter what the world says.
Quotes On Authenticity And Being Genuine
1. “That inner voice has both gentleness and clarity. So to get to authenticity, you really keep going down to the bone, to the honesty, and the inevitability of something.” – Meredith Monk
2. “There is a certain kind of respect for authenticity today that there wasn’t back in the days when they did ‘Cleopatra,’ where everything looked like a giant motel. People want to have it be authentic in the look, and authentic in the way people behave.” – John Milius
3. “The closer you stay to emotional authenticity and people, character authenticity, the less you can go wrong. That’s how I feel now, no matter what you’re doing.” – David O. Russell
4. “Just be what you are and speak from your guts and heart – it’s all a man has.” – Hubert Humphrey
5. “Best keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you see the world.” – George Bernard Shaw
6. “The authentic self is soul made visible.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
7. “Everything will line up perfectly when knowing and living the truth becomes more important than looking good.” – Alan Cohen
8. “We need to find the courage to say NO to the things and people that are not serving us if we want to rediscover ourselves and live our lives with authenticity.” – Barbara de Angelis
9. “Only the truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free.” – Eckhart Tolle
10. “Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway.” – Mother Theresa
11. “If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
12. “How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.What is true is invisible to the eye. It is only with the heart that one can see clearly.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
13. “Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.” – Albert Schweitzer
14. “Authenticity is everything! You have to wake up every day and look in the mirror, and you want to be proud of the person who’s looking back at you. And you can only do that if you’re being honest with yourself and being a person of high character. You have an opportunity every single day to write that story of your life.” Aaron Rodgers
15. “The keys to brand success are self-definition, transparency, authenticity and accountability.” Simon Mainwaring
16. “Soul is about authenticity. Soul is about finding the things in your life that are real and pure.”John Legend
17. “Authenticity is very important – be true to one’s self.” Laila Ali
18. “I know of nothing more valuable, when it comes to the all-important virtue of authenticity, than simply being who you are.” Charles R. Swindoll
19. “Authenticity means erasing the gap between what you firmly believe inside and what you reveal to the outside world.” Adam Grant
20. “My work is about the establishment of trust. For someone to share their authenticity with me is a soul-to-soul thing. It’s not a lens-to-soul thing.” Lisa Kristine
21. “Authenticity is the alignment of head, mouth, heart, and feet – thinking, saying, feeling, and doing the same thing – consistently. This builds trust, and followers love leaders they can trust.” Lance Secretan
22. “If you consider the definition of authenticity, it’s saying something and actually doing it. I write my own songs. I made my own videos and pick my producers. Nothing goes out without my permission. It’s all authentic.” Lana Del Rey
23. “What patients seek is not scientific knowledge that doctors hide, but existential authenticity each person must find on her own… the angst of facing mortality has no remedy in probability.” Paul Kalanithi
24. “Truth is a point of view, but authenticity can’t be faked.” Peter Guber
25. “It’s hard to practice compassion when we’re struggling with our authenticity or when our own worthiness is off-balance.” Brene Brown
26. “Some writers confuse authenticity, which they ought always to aim at, with originality, which they should never bother about.” W. H. Auden
27. “I think, at the end of the day, it comes down to authenticity and creating what you love.” Megan Nicole
28. “Yes, in all my research, the greatest leaders looked inward and were able to tell a good story with authenticity and passion.” Deepak Chopra
29. “Children go where they find sincerity and authenticity.” Eric Cantona
30. “It is good to connect to someone who reminds you that you have some real authenticity.” T. J. Miller
We hope these quotes on authenticity have enlightened you.
They say if you need just one friend who is honest and gives opinions in your face. Such friends don’t intend to discourage us but take us away from false hopes and bring in a practical approach to life and all its allied purposes. So, this year, why not be that friend?
Share some quotes that you think should make it to this list on your comments.