With everything that is happening in the world at the moment, from financial worries and the rising cost of petrol to the war in Ukraine, everyone across the length and breadth of the country and beyond could benefit from giving and also receiving more love, and kindness, and compassion.
With that being said, here, for your information and reading pleasure, are some top tips and techniques on how to interject more love into the world.
Frankly, although this first point may seem to some somewhat trite, the reality is that it is incredibly hard, even impossible, to spread love and joy to everyone you meet if you are not happy and fulfilled in your own life.
Thankfully, one good thing that emerged from the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic is the notion and importance of self-care. With this in mind, the following tips and techniques are all effective in looking after your own emotional health so you can help others:
- Teach yourself beginner’s meditation techniques
- Exercise each and every day, even for just ten minutes or so
- Spend time outside in the sunshine
- Have a hot, indulgent bubble bath
- Drink substantially more water
- Be creative in your hobbies and extracurricular pursuits
Adopt an Animal
If you are somewhat of a self-described animal lover and the type of person who has to switch television channels when it comes to an advertisement showing animals who have been cruelly treated, then one way to channel this love for feathered and furry friends is to adopt a rescue animal of your own.
Obviously, if choosing this option, it is incredibly important to think carefully about your lifestyle and which type of rescue animal will suit your own personal circumstances, as well as your home and, indeed, the size of your garden.
Things to consider when wanting to adopt a rescue animal of any species include but are not limited to the following:
- The size of your garden
- How much time do you and your family spend at home
- Whether or not the species and breed live well with children
- If you have another pet already, check as to whether they will live together harmoniously
Adopting an animal, be that a pair of bunnies, a dog, a cat, or even a budgie or parrot, is an incredibly rewarding and fulfilling experience, and what is more, it is highly likely that you are saving a life, as unfortunately, some animal rescue centers have to put their animals down if no one chooses to bring them home.
Foster a Child
One of the most selfless acts you could possibly do when striving to live a more generous and giving life is to consider fostering a child.
Reputable and renowned foster agency fcascotland.co.uk is certainly the best place to contact if you are serious about wanting to find out more about fostering a child or even two children, either now or in the near or distant future.
There are a wide plethora of amazing advantages to fostering a child, including the following:
- A way to change a child’s life for the positive and for the long term
- A way to develop meaningful and lifelong connections and bonds
- A way to teach your other children about kindness and respect
- A way to learn new skillsets and find passions you were previously unaware of
Become a Volunteer for a Worthy Charity
Finally, the last biggest and most effective way to spread more love, joy, and kindness in the world is to join a volunteering group for a renowned or perhaps even fledging and newer charitable company.
Volunteers work in a wide variety of different sectors, and there are even volunteer police officers, paramedics, and firefighters, but to really place yourself on the proverbial front line when it comes to helping those who are less fortunate, volunteering at a food bank, soup kitchen or another type of charity of the same ilk is the best idea.
There is a multitude of reasons why choosing to become a part-time or even, depending entirely on how you plan to fit your volunteering duties and services around your other professional and personal commitments, a full-time volunteer, including:
- A way to save money and resources on behalf of the charity as they would have to shell out for paid members of staff
- A way to see if you are cut out for the job in a professional sense and for some on-the-job training should you want to pursue that line of work
- A way to make lifelong friends and develop both professional and personal bonds
- A way to reduce your feelings of stress and anxiety
- A way to boost your feelings of low mood and even depression
- A way to build your levels of confidence and self-esteem
- A way to grow and expand as a person