Video marketing is essential for businesses to connect and engage with the audience. There is an increase in the consumption of videos compared to text-based content. The high fluidity of information through a video makes it an unmatched tool for promoting a brand and its product or service.
The transformation in how content is created and consumed has made social media an impeccable platform for sharing video content.
On average, nearly 3.7 billion people worldwide are active on social media. This number makes it a critical channel for sharing video content and integrating it as an effective digital marketing strategy. Social media provides unparalleled video visibility, enabling brands to grow their reach organically.
Planning on a social media video marketing strategy—Here is an 8-step guide for a successful campaign.
1. Set realistic goals for the campaign
It is necessary to set realistic goals on what you expect to achieve from the campaign. Unrealistic goals often lead to disappointment and impact the level of motivation. Customize the strategies individually for each social media platform based on what you would like to achieve.
Ultimately creating a sales funnel takes a lot of experimentation and trials. Avoid getting tangled in followers, numbers, and views initially but focus on creating a strategy that works for your brand.
Follow the three marketing funnel stages to create a buzz using social media video marketing. Here are the three stages of the video marketing funnel:
- Awareness – As a brand, the first goal to achieve from video marketing is to spread as much awareness about the products or services. Create educational, informative, or entertaining videos for attention.
- Consideration – This is the next step where the focus should be to create specific videos about a product or service catering to the niche audience.
- Conversion – Once the first two objectives are attained, start creating videos that help with conversion and increase sales.
Also Read: 4 Easy Steps to Reap the Benefits of Instagram Marketing
2. Customise and create unique videos for each platform
There are different social media channels, each of which caters to a diverse audience type. Posting the same video on all channels makes the content redundant and less attractive.
Here’s how each of the popular social media platforms works:
- Facebook – It is safe to say that Facebook is the most popular social media channel with the most active number of users. Use the Facebook video editor to create targeted video ads and boost the conversion rate.
- LinkedIn – It is a professional social media network where the content is more on the professional side and helps with networking. You can create video ads on LinkedIn and share videos to attract top-of-the-funnel quality leads and make the most of the targeted, personalized ads option.
- Instagram – The platform is best for short-form video content. It is best for sharing entertaining, fun, and informative short videos. The Instagram stories feature a fantastic way to connect with the audience through real-time posting.
- TikTok – The videos on the platform are targeted toward millennials. Although it is not as popular as the above platforms, it is great for sharing creative and fun brand videos.
3. Do complete research on the target audience
Targeting the right audience is an essential requirement for the business. Identifying the audience helps you create your buyer personas. Understanding your target audience will help you create content that engages the audience.
For example, targeting broke college students will not lead to conversion and sales if you have a company that offers luxury vacations. Hence, research your audience and create targeted video ads for the right demographics.
4. Focus on the diversity of the content type
Once you have learned how to create videos for Facebook, Instagram, or any other platform, it is time to diversify the video content.
Determine the type of videos that work best for the social media channels. Here are different types of videos to create and post:
- Educational videos – The videos are aimed at building brand awareness and educating customers. The videos majorly focus on guides, tips, hacks, etc.
- Testimonials – The testimonials from actual customers build credibility and trust. Most customers believe in a brand based on the testimonials of other customers.
- Product reviews – Most customers purchase a product or service after watching a review. Hence, video reviews for a product are crucial for buying decisions.
- Entertaining – They are fun videos aiming to entertain the audience. It brings a sense of community and engages the audience.
5. Invest in Video SEO
SEO for videos is one of the biggest drivers of bringing organic traffic. Do thorough keyword research and use a combination of long and short-tail keywords to create better visibility for the videos.
SEO is often overlooked for videos but is valuable to increase reach and bring better traffic. Use keywords in the title tag or description along with relevant hashtags.
6. Work on the video production process
An effective social media video strategy is careful and thoughtful content planning. Content production requires careful planning, brainstorming, and creativity.
Here are a few things necessary for content planning:
- Story or concept
- Storyboarding the video
- The right equipment and gear
- Optimal shooting conditions
- Editing the video
7. Schedule and share the videos
Once the videos are ready, it is time to share and upload them to the respective social media platforms. It is advisable to plan the video content for the entire week, record the videos, and schedule the content. Just posting the video content on social media is not enough unless it is well promoted.
An effective way to promote and increase the reach of the videos is through paid promotion. All the social media platforms have the option of paid promotion for videos, which is a great ROI.
8. Successful video marketing strategy Keep track of the metrics
Monthly metrics can track the overall performance of the videos. Analyzing the metrics from time to time helps understand which videos performed well, their demographics, number of views, watch times, and the timing of maximum reach.
Each social media platform has native analytics that helps analyze the metrics and set the goals. It provides information on how and when there was a click on the CTA (call-to-action).
Also Read: Strategic Thinking and Decision-Making – The Skills for Tomorrow
Video marketing for social media is quite effective for brands and businesses to stay afloat and connect with the target audience. Creating unique content that promotes the brand value and drives engagement is necessary for successful video marketing.
If you plan to develop an efficient video marketing strategy, this 8-step guide will help you take the first steps. We hope to inspire and motivate your business through the guide to developing successful video marketing.